P.I.E. Meeting Minutes

Monday, January 11th, 2016 6:30 p.m.

 

In Attendance: Barb W, Ann T, Eva P, Carrie L, Andrea W, Sue M., Laura M.

Secretary Report: The minutes from the November meeting were reviewed
Treasury Report: The treasury report looked over.  Notation of $100 was donated towards Yes Committee
Principal Report:  Keri was not at meeting however left a note of apology and information.  December was full of energy and excitement, knowledge bowl has a very successful season.  Student council had Holidazzle day for staff and students.  Fun day of games, parties, and a dance party in the gym.  Choir concert was a huge success.  A mix up with the online information felt terrible but most families were very understanding and kind.  Next year K-3 will do Christmas choir concert and 4-6 will perform in the spring.  Did a survey and this is what the parents are wanting.  Chip Shoppe made just over $6000.  Looking into doing a “walk-a-thon” in place of Chip Shoppe next year.  Go Strengths Program will have Andrea, Moya, and one other teacher to look at it to see if they like this.  Stand up to Bullying is this Wed.  We are having “the bully” magician perform for the students in the afternoon.  Relay for Life Day is on Friday (Jan 15th).  Students can bring a dollar to wear purple.  Picture will be taken in the gym.  Wear purple to the basketball game that night against EV-W.  25 prizes will be given away in a drawing for those who made a donation.  Jan. 18th is no school and staff development day.  Jan 21st is Kindergarten Round Up.
Old Business:
Crayola Project: Teresa was not present to discuss progress in this project.
Used Book Fair/ Pizza volunteer:  Barb will take over the Used Book Fair next year, Sue so kindly is helping this year.  Gina is still looking for someone to take over Papa Murphy fundraiser for next year.  Group discussed how to get more parent involvement and some good ideas were brainstormed, such as putting needs in K to 2nd grade newsletters and asking teachers possible parents that would like to get more involved.
Hydration Station: Keri was not present so unsure where this is at.  Will put on agenda again next month.
Frames for Library: Marguerite dropped off four frames for the library area.  The cost was $75 for all 4.  Barb will contact Marguerite and get payment to her. 
New business:
Book Fair: upcoming book fair is Feb 2nd to 11th.  Spring book fair will be May 3rd- 10th.  Barb will contact Kathy to get these dates on the schedule for the experience room.  We currently have $3906.61 in scholastic dollars.  Carrie will look into catalog to see if items could be purchased for AR store and spring raffle.  Plan to do next two book fairs and collect the cash option.  Carrie will also purchase books (mostly chapter books) for the end of year AR incentive.  Carrie went over times volunteers needed for the book fair.  Barb will send out a sign up genius email very soon.  Will do the incentive of volunteers getting to pick a book for helping since that was very successful to get volunteers to help this fall.
Use Book Fair:  Discussed dates and hoping for March 17th (needing the room for set up the 16th).  Barb will contact Kathy to reserve the experience room.    This has been going on for 19 years, quite impressive.  Need volunteers for the sale day and set up.  A letter will be sent out to parents/students once firm dates are set.  Barb and Sue will work on this together.
Next Papa Murphy’s sale date is Jan 20th.
Other:
AR store: Looking at confirming dates for the store.  Looking at May 18th with set up the day before.  Barb will email Kathy to reserve experience room.  Eva is still in need of lots of items for the store.  Discussed sending out a note/letter for parents to buy items for the AR store.  Barb will send email to PIE email list. 
Member of group asked if PIE was willing &/or able to give another donation to the “yes” committee. The group decided an additional $150 would be donated to this committee.
Laura volunteered to attend Kindergarten round up to promote/inform parents about the PIE group.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm