Kimball Partners In Education (PIE) Minutes
October 9, 2017
The meeting was called to order by Marion at 6:31 P.M.
Beth P., Marion L., Kathy A., Michelle C., Teresa L., Erin D., Keri J., Stephanie K., Jen C.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes were approved as is.
President: Marion Larson; Secretary: Erin Durga; Treasurer: Kathy Alrich
No old business discussed.
Current balance: $4,528.96
Mrs. Johnson talked about how the year was going well, but has been very busy
- Walk-a-Thon is this Friday – The walk-a-thon fits into the wellness approach and the school gets to keep 100% of the proceeds. Money from this fundraiser will be going toward school furniture, which has not been replaced since the building was built. A fire truck will escort the students to the high school where they will take turns as grade levels to walk the track. As classes are waiting, there will be centers for students to do. Volunteers are welcome to come and help with centers – Marion will send out an e-mail on Wednesday.
- Grandparents Day is the 18th from 1:30 to the end of the day
- Conferences are October 11th and 16th
- Wellness Policy Survey is out – Halloween is going to be different. Parents can send a smart snack and school will provide students with popcorn and juice as a snack in the afternoon.
- Music Ideas: Miss Hohoulin would like to teach 5th graders to play the Ukulele. She has found a source at $50 each. We would like to help her. We need to know how many. Erin D. will ask her how many she is looking for before the next meeting
- Possible 17-18 Initiatives
- Technology (SMART boards are wearing out)
- More Die Cuts – Possibly looking into getting a Cricut – Would Crafts Direct be willing to help us out with that?
- Box Tops – Chair: Stephanie Kenning – Instead of “homeruns” we will have a traveling trophy. Each month we will count box tops at the PIE meeting and the trophy will be handed out at the monthly assembly.
- AR Store – Chair: Marion Larson – Oriental Trading, 100% juice, ICE drinks, healthy snacks, glow sticks
- Bookfair – Chair: Jennifer Ludlow – Set-up on Thursday evening, a sign up genius should be coming out soon
- Teacher Appreciation Meal- Chairs: Teresa Loehrer and Michelle Cook – October 11th - Meal for teachers on the night of conferences – We still need more items. Whatever is not purchased will be purchased by Teresa then reimbursed through PIE.
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza- Chair: Whitney Hunt – Kathy will check in with Whitney
- Tool Boxes- Chair: Teresa Loehrer
- Winter Wear Drive – Chair: Marion Larson – A hand-out will be going home on Friday. Marion and Beth P. will man the Drive on Friday Nov. 3 from 3:00 until 5:00, Erin D. and possibly Michelle C. will man the drive on Saturday Nov. 4 from 10:00 until 1:00.
- We need to get more e-mail addresses from parents who are interested in helping PIE.
- Proposed meeting dates for the rest of the year
November 13, 2017 @ 6:30 in the Elementary School Library
Meeting ended at 7:45.